Sunday, March 2, 2014

EDLD 5364 1st WEB CONFERENCE REFLECTION


Wednesday, February 26, 2014
During our web conference for the EDLD 5364 class, Dr. Cummings went over the general expectations for the class.  She shared that we were expected to plan and prepare a lesson that integrates technology in the classroom that would reach the needs of all students.  The original plan for the course was to require the class to work in groups.  Dr. Cummings had made arrangements for people to work as individuals, but during the conference many of the students requested to work in groups again.  I made it known to Dr. Cummings that I was not a technology student and that some of the instructions were overwhelming.  She then paired me up with April Harris.  Through further conversation, April was allowed to join her other group from a previous class.  Now, I believe I am a part of a group of six.  We will be meeting on Sunday night to plan and prepare for our project.  
     Dr. Cummings then introduced Dr. Sanders and two of the IA's that were present on the web conference.  I am not worried about the work in the course, but I am overwhelmed concerning the use of all of the technology that I am not familiar with.  My unfamiliarity comes because I am in the administrative masters program instead of the technology masters program.  Dr. Cummings did show us an example of how things should look using a Google doc.  This example communicated the expectations for the class, but did not help me know how to perform the tasks.  
     Finally, I realize that I am suppose to post my reflections and work to an ePortfolio page that I should have created in an earlier class.  The only thing I have created that is close to an ePortfolio is my blog page.  I am hoping the use of my blog page and it's url address is sufficient.  Maybe after the group meeting I will feel more comfortable about the class and the expectations.  We will have two other web conferences during the five week course to help us become more informed about the class and our progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment